Welcome to Mamabiome.
Are you a mama wanting to learn the science behind this gut health thing?
If so, you’re definitely in the right place! Science is about to get simpler.
This page will take you on a guided tour of the site. You’ll find…
- Exactly what you need to know about my mission and the Mamabiome story.
- How to get the most out of Mamabiome articles.
- What The Mamabiome Project is all about – and how you can get involved!
- How to best connect with me.
AND all in the one place. Because we are mamas. And we are B U S Y.
Here we go!
Mamabiome aims to teach everyday *extraordinary* mothers the science behind gut health and the microbiome.
But without the complexity that usually comes with health-related science.
So you can fully understand…
- HOW it all works in your body. Simply.
- HOW it affects you. And your beautiful family too.
- WHAT you actually need to know. It’s not only about fermented foods or probiotics. It’s so much bigger than that.
And most importantly to EMPOWER you with knowledge and the science tools to critically evaluate new information.
Because there are so many new studies everyday. And with them, come more opinions and advice.
Gut health is definitely not a one-size fits all thing
You’ve got to know your stuff!
My intention is to explain each topic so that EVERYONE can benefit from cutting edge science.
To make microbiome science simple to understand and easy to remember.
We’ve all read something, that at the time, we were blown away by. But then we soon forgot about it.
I’m changing that.
Oh and also how we prepare for pregnancy. But more about The Mamabiome Project later…
First, Let’s Get Acquainted – In 4 Steps
By now I bet you’re wondering who’s talking about all these tummy bugs.
Can you tell I like to talk about it?
#1 Who Am I?
I’m a microbiologist. A mama of 2. And a lover of learning.
My name is Victoria Samios.
- I have a degree in Applied Science – majoring in Microbiology and Molecular Biology. I’ve worked as a microbiology scientist for over 12 years.
- I have also worked as a personal trainer and studied nutrition.
- And most recently, I went back to university to study Environmental Engineering.To study how chemicals affect microbes and the environment. Hence us. Then in my final year baby #1 happened. But that’s another story.
I have 2 cats. One husband. And about 500 books.
We live in Brisbane, Australia.
Make cute babies.
And seriously need more book shelves.
If that’s not enough ME for you, head to my About pages. Where you can read more about My Gut Health Story.
#2 What I Write About
Mamabiome focuses on how our mamas shape our microbiome.
So if it’s got anything to do with microorganisms and mamas I’ll talk about it.
The official categories are…
- Pregnancy. There is so much emerging research about how our microbes affect our babies while they’re happily growing away.
- Babies. Another rapidly growing area of interest is the neonatal microbiome. It’s so interesting and so important.
- Children. Because babies grow into children who grow into mamas (or papas). And kids these days are growing up with all manner of gut health related illnesses.
- Wellbeing. This is where the general health interest topics sit. For beautiful mamas-to-be and general family topics. Wellness does not discriminate.
You will find them all by clicking on the BLOG tab above.
#3 The Mamabiome Project
Are you a mama or a gut health blogger with a gut health story to tell?
If so I’d love to hear from you.
If you feel called to share your story, and participate in our community project, we are currently accepting expressions of interest.REGISTER your interest.
Head to the YOUR STORIES tab or CLICK HERE for more information.
To connect via social media you can find me on the main social media channels.
You will find the links above, in the menu bar. And an email button too.
Or you could subscribe to my mailing list. This is the best way to keep in the Mamabiome loop.
Here’s a spot to do that.SUBSCRIBE
All your communication preference bases are covered!
Now that we’ve got all that out of the way.
I’m sure you’re keen to have a look around.
Here are a few popular articles to get you started…
Happy learning mama!
P.S. Keep an eye on the Learning Centre! There are exciting new FREEBIES coming…
P.P.S. Last thing, I promise! You are changing the world. Amazing mamas, like you, who search for answers for their families are change-makers! Just saying 🙂